“It’s taken over ten years to bring this to the consumer market…”
AKA: “IMMY AR Glasses” OR “IMMY Augmented Reality”
Top 10 Key Selling Points: IMMY N.E.O. iC 60
- Natural Eye Optics (N.E.O.) with 60 ° Field of View
- 2D/3D Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
- 16:9 or 4:3 Switchable Image Aspect Ratio
- 100% Overlap with Optical See Through
- Inter-Pupillary Distance Adjustment
- Dual XGA (1024×768) OLED Display
- Independent Eye Focus Adjustment
- Variable Transmission Outer Lens
- 8 Megapixel, 720p Camera
- Diopter Adjustment
IMMY N.E.O. iC 60
With the news of Conker’s Bad Fur Day coming to the Microsoft HoloLens more and more augmented reality HMD’s and smart glasses are thinking about the games they might include with their headsets. One of those companies is Immy and their latest headset the IMMY N.E.O. iC 60 has various games including pinball. But this is not a software review so let us get into what the headset is like.
It’s taken over ten years to bring this to the consumer market and it’s a complete AR/VR experience in a single device. With an every growing list of features like natural eye optics, OLEDs, camera, microphone and integrated inertial measuring units like accelerometer/magnetometer and gyroscope this really is the complete package when it comes to wearable tech. While the price tag of $1,500 might scare a lot of people away it helps to know this company specialises in building optic systems for the defense, so they really know what they are talking about.