Age Rating: 12+
Review System: Oculus Rift CV1
Price at Time Of Review: Free
Comfort Rating: Green
Size: 4.1 GB
Controller System: Touch Controllers
Best Playing Position: Standing
Multi Player: No
NVIDIA VR Funhouse (Oculus Rift)
Intro: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, step right up and enter the NVIDIA VR Funhouse! VR Funhouse immerses gamers in a virtual carnival full of fun and games, featuring 9 unique mini-games for you to enjoy including:
• Clown Painter: Splatter clowns with squirt guns filled with green goo.
• Fire Archer: Break out a bow and fiery arrows to set targets ablaze.
• Whack-A-Mole: Smash those pesky moles with your favourite mallet.
• Balloon Knight: Fill the carnival with confetti as you pop colourful balloons with swords.
• Mole Boxing: Take a swing at the zany, smiley moles and knock them silly.
• Shooting Gallery: Test your skill shooting all sorts of targets with a pair of pistols.
• Cannon Skeet: Take aim at targets being shot out of a moving cannon, and fire away.
• Wall Walker Toss: Perfect your aim by flinging delightful Wall Walkers at a massive target.
• Hot Shot Basketball: Shoot some hoops and make it rain baskets to get the high score!
Review: From the same genre that brought you Carnival Games VR & Pierhead Arcade comes NVIDIA VR Funhouse! This is once again an arcade full of little mini games and fun things to do. With 9 games, all played using the touch controller, you will be shooting hoops, boxing and even playing Whack-A-Mole until your arms hurt! If you have ever been to a funfair or seaside amusement arcade, you will know exactly what to do here.
The next game and restart buttons are all very well placed and once I got the hang of the UI, I didn’t have to think about what to do, it come pretty naturally, much like the controls of the game as a whole. It’s all shoot this, grab that, punch this, it doesn’t take more than a few seconds to work out all the games.
Verdict: While NVIDIA VR Funhouse doesn’t have nearly half as many games as some of the other games in the same genre, it is free and that needs to be taken into account. I love both Carnival Games VR & Pierhead Arcade to bits’ but given that this one is free and contains many of the games in those two titles, it might be best to play this before the others, then if you like it consider paying more for more games by buying those other 2 titles.